Is anyone still with the peron they had children with or loved

I still have love for my babys father and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him but We've been broken up for awhile now and I just wanna know how'd you do it?

Native_Mommy253

Asked by Native_Mommy253 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• it all depends on the couple. sometimes you can love someone with all of your heart, but you just cant be with eachother. Its all about communication and honesty. i know that sounds like a crappy answer, but i truly believe in it. me and my dh were dating for about 6 months, and then he had to move for work, we had a long distance reltionship for two years, and i actually got pregnant by him while we were still apart ( i obviously got pregnant on one of our visits). We were able to keep our relationship strong by talking. even if it was about nothing, conversations i think are the most important part of a relationship. they keep you close and they give you a sense of comfort that your SO really cares about you and what you have to say. I hope that helped! Good luck mama
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm still with my babies daddy been together for four years and one deployment over seas and a horrible wedding I was prego in the hospital with high bp got released an hour b4 our wedding

dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 2:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, all three of my children are my husband's kids. We've been married for over 7 years. It has definitely NOT been easy and still isn't sometimes. But we've got a resolve and that is that we are not going to get a divorce. We WILL work through our problems...we've both committed to that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had the some situation, till I met my now fionce. I know it sucks, I have feeling and even cryied myself to sleep over him, but I met this wonderful guy actually through my uncle at a party, he treats my son really good and I realize that I don't have the feelings I used to have for him. Maybe you just need to find somebody else to make you happy like you think he did.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, Im with the man I love and have children with.

I have no idea how to do it. Its all dependent on the couple themselves and their personalities.

In my case, there are things that bug us about each other but in the overall scheme of life and our lives together they are minute and not worth mentioning. Bigger issues, we talk about calmly and make sure we dont go to bed angry(thankfully that has only happened a couple of times in our years together).
    We communicate and we realize whats important and whats not. If things happened like abuse or cheating then that would be a different story because Id leave him and he knows it and he'd leave me and I know it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I am still with my husband. We have been together for 5 years now. We were friends before we dated. We believe marriage is more important than a lot of people seem to think it is. We also both believe it takes a lot of work and we are willing to do whatever we have to do to stay married. I couldn't imagine raising a family with anyone else.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Not with my first child. I had her when I was 16...she is 19 years old now. BUT I WASTED 3/12 YEARS holding a candle for the guy. "I need him. I miss him. I love him."

I got over it, after 3/1/2 years, because he cheated on his gf (at the time) with me. I realized I didn't need or want him anymore. Plus his best friend pointed out that I had been without him so long and did just fine without him. My daughter needed a FATHER, not HIM specifically.

But how I did it was just kept putting one foot in front of the other. It was EFFING HARD AS HELL! Not hard because HE wasn't there - hard because I was doing it completely alone.

It took me FOREVER to find a great guy...my daughter was 12 b4 I did, but it was because I refused to fall in love again for fear of heartbreak. YOU, DO NOT BE AFRAID! You will cheat yourself and your child out of a great guy.

Just keep going and don't look back.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I met my hubby wen we were 16 and 17. We started dating about 3 months after we met and are still together. (we are 30 & 31) We have one son. It has been a long road and we have been through a lot (I was diagnosed at 29 with breast cancer) but we have made it through. It is not easy by any means but it can be done. We went through about a 4 year period where we fought constantly. The one thing that really helped us was bringing God into our lives. It helped our son deal with a lot. It is really cool hearing our son (who will be 13 in June) tell his friends how God helped his parents to show love to each other and treat each other with kindness. If you really love him and he still loves you..anything is possible. I wish you the best in this situation! Praying for you!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I let him see his daughter and everything its just hard to forget about him because he was my first love and everything reminds me of him. I feel like I don't need him and I'[m better off without him but at the same time I can't seem to get over him. He still tells me he loves me and stuff which doesn't make my life any easier. I have tried dating to get over him and I still think about him. I haven't found a guy better than he was yet either. Any suggestions?
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I met my DH 12 years ago. We dated for 8 months and got married in August of 1997. He is the only man I have slept with/will ever sleep with (God willing). I love him, but it is work. For both of us. Marriage isn't easy and many people get married thinking it will be all sunshine and roses. It's never that way. You have to work at it every day and be completely committed to each other or it won't work and you will see yourself divorced.

I honestly think that love is a state of mind. I always tell my friends that they have to decide it's over to actually move on. Then they have to learn to live and love themselves. After that, God will bring someone into your life that makes you complete.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 2:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009