Cartoons

My son is 2 and loves spongebob, I try to get him to watch other shows but he wants that one, but I'm getting worried because now he's trying to laugh like him, and I don't want him coping bad stuff.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 2:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't really consider that something bad. It's kinda cute. Its not like he is acting out violence or anything.
    Anonymous

• Since when is laughing bad?
    Anonymous

• It's funny that you mentioned that. My son is 4 and he walks around mimicking spongebob all day. Just yesterday we were in the grocery store and he wanted something I told him no and he said "oh tartar sauce"..At first I was embarrassed by the other parents laughing at him but I myself found it funny. So I wouldn't stress it. My 2 year old SON loves DoRa.. I have no problem with it but Daddy seems to think DoRa is for girls ONLY.. They like what they like and you shouldn't want to change it.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 2:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. I remember watching the Smurfs and Scooby Doo...we used to pretend to be them all the time. It's all in his age. As he gets older, he will grow out of it. LOL...I tried to watch the Smurfs the other day and can't figure out why I loved them so much when I was little!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 2:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it to much. I mean he's 2 years old he is going to act like characters on t.v., as long as he is not be violent in anyway he is fine. I think that's cute.

hey tandknix, isnt it crazy the way you go back and watch all the old shows you are like omg why did I like this as a kid. lo
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• OH yeah, CarsBars08! I tried watching Smurfs, Scooby Doo (the old and new cartoons)..Punky Brewster...The Facts of Life! OMG! HI-LAR-IOUS!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 2:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I personally dont let my son watch spongebob at all but if you are okay with what he is "learning" from it, then It's your choice. I HATE spongebob though, I think the cartoon is stupid and makes kids do stupid things.. behavior wise
    Anonymous

• My daughter likes it too but I don't let her watch it. The content and humor is for much older children. If I want her to watch something, I never - ever - put the TV on Nick since it seems to be all SpongeBob, all the time and once she sees the show, she won't want anything else.

When you must do TV, stick with PBS. The shows are much better and actually teach something. Yes, he may whine and cry. Let him. He probably whines and cries for cookies too. But a steady diet of them is bad for him. Same with junk TV.

And I actually like SpongeBob myself.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What's wrong with junk TV? I watched all kinds of "junk" and feel that I am a reasonably smart individual with not mental/emotional issues.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 4:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009