Line down center of stomach

during my first pregnancy i got a dark line down stomach. The line started to go away and then got pregnant again. But line is still fading, Not getting darker? I thought everyone had a line while pregnant? Did you? Why is mine not getting darker?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 31 weeks prego and I don't have one. Neither did my mom.
    Anonymous

• it usually depends on your ethnicity whether or not youll get that. generally darker skinned women are much more likely to get that. lighter skin girls may or may not get it, they are definitely less likely to. Im not sure why yours is still fading. how far along are you? the line is created from the seperation in your muscles, so if youre not far along then your muscles are still healing from the first baby and when you get farther along it will probably come back
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different....so you may just not get it or just not yet. How far along are you?

Oh and it's called the linea nigra
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i am about 20 weeks
    Anonymous

• give it time, it may come back. your body is already pretty well stretched out though from the first pregnancy so you may not have as much seperation this time
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I am very light skinned and I didnt get the line until I was like 32 or so weeks along, yours might come back. it might not, my doctor rold me not to worry about it, it will not effect anything
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i dont have a line yet and im 20weeks, but i had a line with my last one. i think it just depends.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 2:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I am very light skinned and am 32 weeks and have the line - but it's really light. Not sure if it's going to get darker or not...I noticed it a few weeks ago and it hasn't gotten any darker (yet)!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009