I am having problems with 1 of my sons' teachers. Have visited with the teacher and haven't seen improvement, confrences are today & tomorrow. Sons tells me not to go visit with teacher. What do you think?

scrapquilts

Asked by scrapquilts at 2:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would visit. just to try and get an honest answer about whats going on.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It sounds to me like your son might be trying to hide something. I would go and discuss it with the teacher. Voice your concerns and see if there might be a different solution than the one you have tried.

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• go & talk to the teacher.. if that is not good enough try to talk to your child principal or counselor

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree that it sounds like he is trying to hide something. That or he is afraid of what will happen if you meet with the teacher(her taking it out on him if she gets mad at you). Either way, I'd meet with her. If he's not hiding something, and the teacher is truly the problem, then go over her head. If he is hiding something, then you'll know what it is and be able to work on getting it resolved.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Go talk to the teacher. Don't back down until you get answers. He may have done something that you will not like and doesn't want the teacher to tell you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'd visit too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Don't let your son tell you what to do!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 8:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i would never miss a teacher conference. i think they are important. at the very least you learn more about the teacher or you learn that you may need to talk to someone higher up.

it definately sounds like you should go if he specifically says he doesn't want you to go.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm all for visiting the teacher and if there is a problem not being solved go to the principal then to the school board. Your son might be right, you may not be effective with the teacher. Kids can be pretty smart about these things.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• GO C THE TEACHER THAT'S THE ONLY ANSWER HE MAY BE INVOLVED IN SOMEHING U DONT' KNOW ABOUT, I WENT TO C THE TEACHER AND OMG IT WAS DEVASTATING AND I HAVE 2 TEENAGERS
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 10:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009