Was I wrong?

Okay, DH has two jobs. One is a night job with a lot of driving. He's so tired, he swerves all over the road. This morning he swiped a car going 70. I was glad everyone was okay and said so, then he said he and the other guy agreed to handle it without going through insurance. So I asked how much that was going to cost and he got mad because I wasn't freaking out.

He's better now, but before he wasn't so nice. When I was pregnant with our oldest I got the flu at 21 weeks. I was contracting from vomiting so much and the whole way to the hospital he was yelling at me because it was late and he had to work early. I had turbuteline and stayed the night, he went home to sleep. With the twins I knew something was up but waited 2 hours because I didn't want to wake DH, and when I did he yelled at me the whole way to the hospital, I was 7 cm and 32weeks.

He was okay but should I have been freaking out?

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 2:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• karma is getting him you need to just take a step back and let him fend for himself

Anonymous

• What did he want you to freak out about? That he got into an accident?
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think you need to slap your piece of shit husband..... How can he yell at you like that? and why do you take it? I would tell him either to stop yelling at me or get the h e l l out!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I guess I wouldn't think nothing of it because being angry about important things seems to be his personality, I don't think you did anything wrong what goes around comes around and he hasn't been that compassionate with you.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Slap him again for me...If anyone I mean ANYONE treated me the way he treated you when you were pregnant...there ass would be at the damn curb..
    I think that there are plenty of things that you should freakout too, like the fact that you allow that man to treat you like a doormat..
    And while I am at it..My finace is a truck driver and I will be damn if he drives while he is tried..you better hope oneday your hubby does not kill someone.because if it was someone I love I would rip everything you own out under you!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No u have every right to be upset. Maybe he needs to cut his hours for your relationship and everyone's safety. It is not good when you cannot talk to your spouse about things. He is supposed to be your partner in life...the one who has your back. If you can't even tell him you are birthing his child then somethings gotta change. he needs to de-stress and probably get some stress/anger management. Nagging and fighting won't work, somethings gotta change...take action.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You were not wrong. It sounds like it's just not your personality to freak out. Your husband sounds very insecure. You need to explain to him that you are not going to converse with him or listen to him anymore if he continues to yell at you. It's just not necessary. But, tell him you''ll be there for him if he's willing to work at it.
    I know I used to yell a lot with my husband. I grew up in a very volatile environment where everyone yelled at each other all the time. I was just used to it. But after being with him for a couple years, I started to realize it was wrong and I had to break the habit for the sake of harmony. You have to take a stand with him. Good luck!
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009