Do you have a sibling that you just absolutely can not stand?

I have a younger brother -he's 26 and thinks he's God's gift to everyone! We are nothing a like- actually he's like NO ONE in our family. We're all down to earth and get along with pretty much everyone. My brother on the other hand- well if you're fat, he doesn't like you. If you're poor, he doesn't like you. If you don't have a job, he doesn't like you. If you don't wear designer clothes, he doesn't like you. The list goes on and on! He's very judgemental of EVERYONE! He thinks because he eats healthy and is a walking muscle machine that he's the best damn thing ever! He told my 16 year old son he shouldn't be with his (at the time) girlfriend because she was fat and ugly. The girl is 5'6 and weighs 145 pounds (not fat at all) and she's surely not ugly. That's not really the point, he's judging a KID! He has always been mom's prodical child who does NO wrong. I think that's why us other 4 siblings can't stand him even more.

BrendaMomOf3

Asked by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There were times I couldn't stand my sister and then she DIED from breast cancer, and I wish everyday I could have her back even though she was a pain in my ass most of the time.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Funny you ask: I have an aunt who I cant STAND. my head spins when I talk to her. I believe she lies. We are on the verge of never speaking again.
    Anonymous

• Cont..... He does NO wrong when it comes to our mother. She always sides with him on everything. He still lives at home- goes from job to job and ain't got a pot to piss in. BUT yet he judges other people for the same thing! I can't even stand being around him and it causes a LOT of problems in the family. My kids can't even stand him! He's the 4th of 5 kids and he just acts like he's the only one. Anyone have these same issues with a sibling?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Thats similar to a few other family members of mine but as far as my siblings we get along fine for the most part....although I have a step sister I can't stand...
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• All of my siblings..lol. They are all worthless pretty much. My oldest brother has been in and our of prison and rehab most of his life. The next one under him is an alcoholic and likes to hook up with random women from the internet. He told me when I got married that he wasnt coming to my wedding being neither me or my sister could find men worth anything and it would be a waste of his time. My sister and I got along for a while, then her fiancee assaulted me and she took his side. So I have nothing to do with her any more either. THen you have our birth mother who isnt worth the dust it took to make her...thank the Lord I was adopted!! If i had been raised by her I'd have turned out as worthless as the rest of them.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my brother and sister are both fine..its the people theyre married to i cant stand..lol...my brothers wife has completely changed my brother, he used to be such a nice giving caring guy, and now hes so greedy its just not like him, but whatever, i still love him! and my sisters husband i dont like because he made them move 9 hours away for a job that he got, only 2 months later he quit that job..he moved there just to get her away from her family and friends..and he has hit her, and talked down to her calling her very name in the book..i dont like him AT ALL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• IhartU, I am sorry to hear about your sister! My oldest brother passed away June will be 3 years. I know what it's like to lose a sibling. And that's why I have tried my hardest to get a long with my brother. I don't want to be ridden with guilt if something were to happen to him. A person can only do so much. But when he is ashamed or embarrassed of his family because we don't spend our last dollar to buy designer clothes and we shop at Wal-Mart, it's hard to like someone who judges you all the time. But the kicker is- I have my OWN home, a husband, 3 beautiful kids, 2 vehicles and own 2 businesses- but yet he judges me! Maybe he is insecure in himself. He had a beautiful girlfriend a few years ago. When my brother passed away, all of the family was headed to my sister in laws house. My brother MADE his g/f put on make-up so she would look "presentable". God forbid, if she showed up for a family crisis and didn't "look good"
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i dont have any "blood siblings", but i have an AWFUL step sister. she has 2 kids, and she doesnt know who the father is to either of them, and she doesnt raise her oldest my dad does. hes a gross, nasty , piece of..............and i cant even count how many std shes had. i refuse to even look let alone speak to her
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Both of my sisters drive me insane.

One won't stand up for herself with her husband and until about a month ago I kept getting the sobbing phone calls about what he does to her and how he refuses to changeand how she is going to leave him blah blah blah blah.

And the other one has rocks for brains and no switch in her head to tell her hey don't say that.

We were at Ci Ci's one time and it was crowded there were little kids everywhere and she says voery loudly, my crotch has been burning and itchy lately will you watch my daughter while I go to the bathroom?

She also smacks my butt and pulls up my pants for no reason what so ever.

Oh and her car has so much trash in it that I am embaressed to go anywhere in it. I always drive.

thanks for that I guess I needed to vent.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my older sister. she has what i call 'happy bunny syndrome'. she is so very self-centered. she ruined my wedding day cause i felt obligated to have her for a bridesmaid. she told me i looked like a mime after spending an hour perfecting my make-up. she refused to get her hair done the way i specified to the stylist. she refused to wear the shade of lipstick i found that matched her dress perfectly. then she brought her 18 month old in the limo, listened to her ipod and ignored everyone. her kid puked in the limo and 2 of the groomsmen cleaned it up cause she was too much of a cow to. ARGH! and that was just one day. imagine what the rest must be like.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009