What's your mother or a maternal influence in your life like and how are different from and and similar to her?

My mother's most important thing in life to us kids was that there is nothing as important in life as finishing high school successfully and getting an excellent job in society's eyes so she could brag. We are different in that success in life at stages through life in most important to me not success in school and we are alike in we each stand up for what we each believe in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My mother is and was an amazing parent. She always put me first, not at all selfish. She made sure I had everything I wanted and needed but also made sure I understood the value of other things. We spent a lot of time together and now, we are still incredibly close. She really made me the person I am today. She believes a person's child(ren) are the most important thing and I agree. Everyone thought my mother was great too. As a mother now, I try to do things the way she did them with me. I do call her for guidance often. I really could go on and on about her but I will spare you. I do try to be just as good of a mother to my son as she has been to me.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mother is eternally compassionate and wants to help everyone. Sometimes to a fault and she gets taken advantage of a lot. I try to be as compassionate as she, but I also try to be a bit harder because it hurts so much watching her get treated the way she has in the past.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mom came from a rich family and she married a poor man who later became somewhat wealthy.He began to hoard his money and this caused chaos between them.He also wasn't socially acceptable which dented up their relationship.All of us kids took after him,we look like him,sound like him and this angers my mom.My mom wanted me to turn out like her and I never did.So my mom is a two faced socialitie she says she loves me when I know she doesn't.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mother has taught me the most valuable lesson of parenting. Love your child no matter what they do, never give up on them no matter how bad it looks. It saved me as a person. We agree, we disagree and we always manage to talk things out no matter how heated things get. Love your children no matter how bad they screw up, even if you tell them not to do naughty things and they do it anyway,a million times love your children.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Umm I didn't really have anyone I took after.. as a kid my mom said I had very natural maternal insincts.. she's not the lovy dovey type.. neither is my dad..so I don't know who I got it from.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mother has always been an inspiration to me...she was not the perfect person but she did teach how to respect ourselves and others...she also wanted nothing but the best from us, rather we became sucessful in our careers or not, she still brags on us...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009