does anyone have gestational diabetes?

what do you have to do for it? im hypoglycemic when im not prego and ive been having some complications with it this time but havnt had the glucose test yet and my moniter has been saying my glucose levels are higher than normal for me so im scared i might be getting it. what do i do?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 2:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it with both of my pregnancies. You just have to follow a certain diet and keep up with your sugar levels well. The Dr will help you with all of it. Most of the time its not that complicated. Just make sure your Dr has the levels you are reading now, write them down for him to look at. And also tell when and what you have eaten.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i had it when i was pregnant- i had to be on insulin since i could not control it with my diet... you have to have self control- you have to stick to a good diet- dont fall in to your cravings.. it is hard but you want to be in the best health for you and your baby! barnes and noble has a good healthy cook book for diabetes.. i bought one and followed it when i was pregnant- funny thing is- the minute i gave birth to my son- my diabetes was gone... good snacks when you have sweet cravings- sugar feree pudding and jello- and crystal light...
    nooneyouknow

Answer by nooneyouknow at 2:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• just cut back on your sugar intake- you want to keep it around 95-115 around your meal times.. cut back on carbs which turns to sugar- webmd might help too for some advice medically! Always keep lil sugar snacks handy just in case your levels go down- starburstswork- if you start feeling "out of sorts" that could be an indicator your levels dropped... dont be scared... there are a lot of resources out there- i was scared at first too, but pulled thru it and have a beautiful happy healthy baby boy who is now 11and a half months old
    nooneyouknow

Answer by nooneyouknow at 2:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009