WHY DOES THE WASHER/DRYER EAT SOCKS?!

Ok I thought it was just a crazy old tale but the washer/dryer REALLY DOES eat socks. Im forever losing one sock in a pair or losing entire pairs. UGH! Am I the only one? Anyone know why? And who wants to invent a washer/dryer that is sock friendly?!

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes my kids socks always disappear lol I hate that I should just buy all white and same brand lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, they really do eat socks. Samuel's sock got stuck in something of the washer that caused it not to work for a while when we thought it was broken..but when my dad and someone from church helped us take it apart..low and behold the whole problem was from Samuel's sock that the washer ate. o_o
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• damn dryers...when you find out lemme know. my dryer is a friggin pig.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'd like to know that answer too.
    I wished I could be like tlc mom- and buy the same color and brand. That would be much easier. I have 3 kids, all different sizes and they each have their own "style" of socks.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Ah HA the dyer monster...their favorite food is socks.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• the dryer monster is forever munching my socks. it also likes to chew the snaps on onesies. and don't get me started on the underpants gnomes.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Like the others have suggested, I do only buy one brand and color. This way they are all interchangeable. The other day I took from the closet a towel that I haven't used for years. When I went to hang it up on the towel rack, out dropped a sock! It was in there for years! So I figure what happened was that the washer and dryer are actually matter teleporters like on Star Trek. They transport the socks, but not to one destination. It has to be random because otherwise the machinery for teleporting would be too big and we'd see it, so it is just little machinery and therefore just teleports things to random places.

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What do you expect the poor thing to eat then? ; )
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I know hu... Well that is there only sourse for food mama... In these hard time ya gita do what ya gita do... (that from the dryers mouth)lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It's the gnomes.
    Anonymous