16w,5d ultrasound... MAYBE a girl??

I had an ultrasound done today at 16w,5d's.

The ultrasound tech said maybe a boy but told us that she wasn't sure at all cause it could be a swollen labia.

The doctor looked and said she is almost certain its a girl but isn't going to guarantee.

Anyone else have this happen at 16 weeks? I could be wrong but my opinion is- if it is a boy, it would be obvious... not so obvious with a girl so I am betting its a girl.

No photos but between the lets there was a very small pouch, that almost looked like balls but from some angles it looked like it could be a girl.

What do you think?

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 2:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u shuld as them to check u again @ 20 weeks.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• its very possible for them to make a mistake that early. as the organs for male and female havnt devloped real well. I wouldnt go out and buy girl clothes just yet. Id wait till another ultra sound to verify. usually at 20wks you have a way better chance of them getting it right.
    My friend had hers done at 16wks and they told her it was a girl and that was the last u/s she had and when she delivered they were surprised to see a little boy.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree at 20 weeks you should be able to tell ALOT better than at 16 weeks.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• its usally too early to tell before 20 weeks anyways...so have them check again
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• that the same with me at my 16 week check up they siad they were about 75% sure it was a girl because she/he would not stol movin but she got a pic of her butt and siad the 3 white dots and siad that usally means a girl but my baby is mixed so someone told me that the spots or because she/he is mixed
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009