EMBARESSING!

I umm how to put it delicatly? Smell.... I wash everyday and use soap but down there ALWAYS smells... My husband hates it. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• The vay jay jay should not smell bad, if it does you have an infection or std. Go to a doctor
    Anonymous

• You should talk to the doctor about a possible infection. But believe it or not, certain foods we eat and change the smell. Things like garlic can cause bad smells down there. If you eat things that have a good smell, like fruit (especially pineapple), it can make the smell better. I swear, ask your doctor. I read an article about this and asked the doctor and he confirmed it. I later saw them talk about this on The Doctors. Either way, talk to your OBGYN.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have that problem to, but I wash vigurously and don't have an infection, it's horrible
    Anonymous

• Yes...definitely get checked. It could be an infection. Also eat cranberries or drink cranberry juice. It really helps. Also, I'm curious, did your DH always hate the smell down there or is it a recent thing? B/c some guys just don't like the natural vaginal smell.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Umm depending on the smell.. if you've done what the above have told you..
    Change what you eat. Whe nthey say "you are what you eat.." It's very true.
    Start eating more fruits and not some much fatty foods and red meats.
    Fruits and veggies will make you smell and taste sweeter and fresh.
    Candy works too.. adds a bit of natural sugar to your taste and smell.
    Everyday I have some fruit and 5 starbursts and I've never had any complaints :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yup, it's all in what you eat.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Some men just don't like the natural smell. If you've been checked out by a doctor for BV specifically and it's not a yeast infection then it's just a matter of management. Trash all old underwear and start over. Change your diet, don't eat strong flavored foods like garlic and asparagus. Try to control your blood sugar. Change daily, twice daily...find out what it takes. Pick up and keep with you those moist toilet wipes and use those after every bathroom visit. Use a personal wash like Summers Eve.

Now if you've done all that, you might need to consider that he's just the back rump of a jackass.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes I have seen a doctor, I did notice one woman say something about blood sugar. I have hypocycemia. I wonder if that could be a factor. I don't use any personal washes but I will try that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2009