my husband invited his dead beat uncle to live in a camper in our driveway

he told me his uncle had 5000$ saved up and it would only be a week or two until he could find a place to rent now hes here and hes got 4 pit bulls and he only has 150$ and hes talking like hes planning on being here until june im pregnant and due in june and i want him gone i have tried talking to my husband but it just starts a fight how do i get rid of him

j_aa_griffin

Asked by j_aa_griffin at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Even if it causes a fight you must have the conversation with your hubby. Since he invited him, he needs to get rid of him. Just start the convo off calmly and don't let it get out of control. Make sure you gather your thoughts before approaching him. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Tell him it's you or the dog! Don't fight over it. Stand your ground, tell your husband that if his uncle is still there by the end of the deadline, you and baby will be staying elsewhere until he is gone. Shame on him for imposing. If you don't want him in your home and around your kids he should respect that.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Im sure it is just hard for him to tell his uncle to leave. I hate situations like that because they always have some sob story and you feel guilty telling someone to leave that it is not your problem. Im always the one who gets into situations like that because I feel rude saying no. No matter what he will have to deal with it and if he won't then you will. Maybe you could just tell him (the uncle) that you got a call from a neighbor complaining and that you don't want to be reported and he needs to be out within 1 wk. IDK I would just rather have a reason to make the discussion easier with his uncle than just telling him to leave. I would not be happy with someone living in my driveway either!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009