HOW CAN I GET MY 6 YEAR OLD TO KEEP HER HAND TO HERSELF?

BRENDAM436

Asked by BRENDAM436 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What is she putting her hands on?other kids?
    Anonymous

• well hmmm is she beating up other kids or is she taking things that aren't hers? Either way I'd state rules firmly slowly with no distractions before any gatherings every time and have her explain not repeat, explain the rules back to you. Remove her immediately if you're around when this happens and if you're not have her apologize in writing and in person to the other person. That's what I did with my kids eventually. Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

• Just be consistent. Period. I have the same issues with my son and it's getting a lot better. Does she have any speech issues? My son had a speech (communication) delay which started the hitting..because he couldn't express himself.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009