Am I crazy?

I am 35 weeks pregnant and on bed rest. My boyfriend and I moved into apartments awhile ago that don't take dogs, he has a pug. Well the pug is living with his grandmother and he leaves me at home alone every day for like 2 hours to go hang out with his dog. He works nights so he's gone all night as well. He also just found out his lisence was suspended so he can't drive so I've been driving to all our doc appts. even though I was told not to. Well when he wants to go see his dog he drives? Its like his dog is more important than me and his unborn kids. I asked him today why he can drive to go see his dog but not when I need him to drive to the doc and he had no good answer. He puts me in danger by making me drive but he'll drive to go see his dog. I just don't get it?? Am I crazy for being mad? Its been a problem since we moved and it seems to be getting worse. He can't do this when I have a newborn and just leave me! Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• y did u move into an apartment that doesn't take dogs?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Maybe he is getting nervous abou tbeing a dad. He may just be provijng to himself that he will still be "himsef" ya know and needs that time to think. Not that I am making excusses for him, and no it is not fair, he should be talking to you about all of this. I would ask him. And insist that he dirves when you are going to the Dr. But for the most part, really sit down and talk to him, but when you are geting along and not mad at him for being selfish.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think you are both acting silly. I can't blame the guy for wanting to go see his dog. Since you can't leave, he has no other choice than to drive himself. But when you are legally allowed to drive and he isn't, he is doing the smart thing by asking you to drive instead of him for things that are necessary like doctor visits. Do you really want him to drive you around illegally and get caught? Then he is really screwed. I don't think you are crazy but I do think you are acting a little hormonal and silly.
    Anonymous

• I think you have a right to feel mad. I would have a serious convo with him about it. You need to get it under control before the baby comes. You are going to need his help. He can't be running off for hours to visit his dog. He needs to make you and your baby the priority. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Your BF sounds like he is in
    6th......grade.........
    It sound like to me that the dog is more important to him than you..sorry...
    He is showing you his colors...Yes I would be mad...and even more so I would take a hard look
    at him...I think he would do that and more to you once the baby is born too,.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Guys need alone time. I'm guessing he is a nervous wreck about what's about to happen to change his life and he uses the dog as an excuse to get away and think about things. It's in that book Men are from Mars and Woman are from Venus or is it Woman are from Venus and Men from Mars? whatever, it explains it in that book. It's not about you or the dog.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah and its not about the trash either!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• He sounds like a good guy. He could get into serious trouble if he drove, and he loves his dog. The visits are probably also about being with his grandmother. It must be rough on him to not be able to have his dog live with him, dogs get to be like our children, helpless, dependent, probably missing its family. I agree that you shouldn't be driving, though. Could he get a taxi or pay a friend to drive him? But the fact that he cares so much for a helpless animal probably means that he'll get along well with the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• if he is willing to get caught driving without a license for a stupid dog than he should be willing to risk it for your unborn child his grandma is taking care of the dog he is supposed to be taking care of you your not crazy hes selfish
    j_aa_griffin

Answer by j_aa_griffin at 3:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think he should pay a cab to take you to your doctor's appointments.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009