Can a cat be pregnant and in heat at the same time?

My cats maited 2 weeks ago for 3 days straight, now she is in heat again. can she be 2 weeks pregnant and still be in heat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pets

• No.. It would be like you being pregnant and ovulating still. Just not supposed to happen. So either she isnt in heat again or she wasnt bred last time. Did you know that a cat has to mate 6 times to become pregnant...
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You should probably have your pets spayed and neutered so you don't even have to worry about it.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• This is a wanted pregnancy, All I am looking for is a yes or no
    Anonymous

• Yes because cats are induced ovulaters. They are in heat until they get pregnant and can get pregnant by several different males. If she is still showing signs of heat for much longer then I would say she is not PG though. Though I do agree with the previous posters that there are sooo many cats in shelters already.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Any RESPONSIBLE breeder left would have hung up their hat in lieu of the current CRISIS going on right now. So nope, sorry.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 8:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Not saying u don't love ur cats but why not take ur family to the shelter to adopt an unwanted kitten. Breeders should be banned. Especially with all thenforeclosures going on and just dumping animals everywhere. A responsible breeder would see that and stop breeding until its gets under control. But I understand its an easy lazy brainless way to make money at the poor animals expense.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• WOW, I am not even going to make money of off my cats, WOW, I cant believe you. this is more for a family experence than anything, for my kids. ( my parents use to breed poodles )
    BTW the nearest shelter is over an hr away. I don't see cats and dogs running lose everywhere needing a home. Obvisly you must. Maybe things would be different if I saw that, but where I live I don't.
    Anonymous

• I wasn't referring to u. I was responding to the breeder that answered.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You don't see cats and dogs running loose everywhere? HA. Doesn't mean it's not a problem! I work in animal welfare and in my city alone almost 1000 pets are euthanized DAILY for lack of homes. So it IS a problem and a huge one at that.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 9:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• OMG I hate some of these comments.  She is asking if her cat can be pregnant and still in heat at the same time.  She is NOT asking your input on getting animals spayed/neutered.  She is also NOT asking what your opinion is on breeding animals.  She has EVERY right to breed her cats if she wants to!  She should not have to explain her purpose for breeding and/or for not getting her cats fixed.  You all need to just either answer the question that is asked, or don't answer the question at all. 
    To answer your questions (and I used to breed Persian cats): If your cat is pregnant, then she will no longer come into heat.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 9:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009