sex of baby?

did anyone experience the doctor telling you that you were having a girl and ended up having a boy?? - I have heard alot of stories of being told it was a boy and people having girls, just wondering if it happened the other way around for anyone?

everytime someone see's me - like strangers - they always remark on my baby bump and say your having a boy areant you - i have had ONE person say "your having a girl areant you" through my whole pregnancy lol -

possible?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep my 2nd son was supposed to be a girl. And so was my bil. The earlier the u/s like before 20 weeks, the better chance of getting it wrong
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i had my ultra sound at i think 22 weeks - it would be crazy if i had a boy - im so in love with my little mayah noelle already.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My SO and his brother were both supposed to be girls. But that was a long time ago. Ultrasounds are alot better now.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Apparently I'm carrying like it's a boy too but this little one would never cooperate and I didn't find out the sex until 33 weeks! I don't think there was any denying it's a girl lol!

Everyone said boy though *shrug*
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It's very common for a women to be told she's having a girl and then it be a boy. I PERSONALLY know and have attended big ol PINK baby showers for 2 different friends who ended up having boys.

It is rare for a women to be told she's having a boy and then have a girl but it does happen. Usually this is because the ultra sound was done early. Ultra sounds done before 20 weeks are often very ify.

The reason is that all fetuses start out as male and appear to have male parts. Then at about 8 weeks sex differentiation occurs and the genitals either fully form into a a penis or move inward and form into a vagina.

Anonymous

• scarey aint it lol i had a lat ultrra sound and the checked again and said she is a girl idk wha ti would do if she turned out to be a boy lol i get told im carring low too everyone thinks im having a boy :( lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my friend was told she was having a boy.she had a baby shower and recived all boy things. she had the baby and it was a girl!
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009