Potty Training: Have you tried this?

Just wondering if any Moms have just put underwear on their child and let them have accidents until they learn.... My son will pee on the potty but doesn't tell me when he needs to go and still pees and poos in his diaper. He refuses to poop on the potty. So, I' wondering if I just buy him underwear and deal with the extra laundry if he will "get it" faster? I'll put a old blanket on the couch and when it gets warm, just let him run around in the underwear and a T. What do you think???

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've read alot about that in the potty training group I was in. It seems to work for some but not others. My son hated having wet pants, and I used that with him.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• how old is he? Does he really understand when he has to go or does he just know when he is going?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I do that with my daughter it has worked so far only with poop she still pees her pants but she's getting better with it everyday
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• He's 2 1/2, so yes he understands but I guess just doesn't want to....?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Since I am a SAHM, I would like my daughter run around naked.
    Anonymous

• I did that with my dd and the potty training just kinda happened.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 4:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I waited until my boys were three and then used training cotton underwear...I do not believe in Pull Up's. They are expensive and don't get the point across like cotton underwear do. I had my boys trained in about a week both #1 and #2
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• let him make a mess on himself. most children learn quickly that way.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 5:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009