Scared

this is my frist child dont get me wrong i love babies but im scared because i cant give this one back does anyone else feel that way?

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's going to be ok I had my son when I was 15 and was scared to death but you get through it and in the end no matter how old you are your never really prepared.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I didn't feel exactly that way. But I never wanted children. At all! When I found out I was pregnant with my son. I was kinda scared. But it all changed when he was born and I got told see him and hold him. It was the greatest feeling in the world to know that you created a beautiful baby and for you to love and take care of. You'll change once it gets closer to term. Good luck!
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• The first is overwhelming. The first week my daughter was born I was scared to death, then all the sudden the mommy switch flipped on and everything was fine. I never want to feel the way I did that first week though. It was tough. don't feel bad about how you feel. It is totally natural. Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im mean i raised 2 of my god childen for like the frist 2 years of thier lifes but im just scared i cant give her back and im only 19 weeks prego and im afraid i will do something wrong
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Start finding your support team now and discuss your feelings with them... My support team is my husband (of course), my mom and m-i-l, and my sisters (even though they are young and not parents) These are the people I know I can call even in the middle of the night with anything. be confident and everything will work out, you arent inexperienced so you have that going for you. Good Luck!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i didnt want any kids at all. im on third and wouldnt trade none of my boys for the world. u will get threw it. good luck!
    Anonymous

• i felt the same way when i was pregnant with my son but once you hold them for the first time it's like nothing you've ever felt.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I remember w/my first daughter I was fine all the way through the pregnancy and when I went into labor and they told me to come to the hospital I just broke into tears. I was thinking "OMG I about to have a baby"
    But the once they are here that feeling changes, you'll always wonder if your making mistakes that's normal i think and I think i've made a few rather big ones, but they love you no matter what it seems and they are always full of love.
    They are little miracles and u'll be fine.
    ladynyte1

Answer by ladynyte1 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009