Other peoples opinions

What do I do when everybody acts like they have more attority than me , I tell my son to do or not to do something and someone else comes and tells him opposite, and now he wont listen to me, it's driving me crazy, I have had a talk to my mom about it and she still does it and it makes me feel like an inatique mother.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 3:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes my hubby does this.. i go nuts.. you will have to get or bluff in when noone else is around.. An forsure, remind the other person whos the boss around here.. LOl Thats what i do mama...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have the same problem with my mom, she is constantly telling me what I should be doing different and letting my daughter do things that she knows I wouldn't like and when I try to tell her to quit she gets all sensitive and acts like I hurt her feelings and tells me "then fine I just won't have anything to do with her, if I'm such a terrible grandmother" I really wish I could help you cuz I'm in the same pickle and I know how it feels.
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I really had to lay down the law with my mom, I told her how this was making it difficult for me and asked her how she would have reacted if her mom had been like this, and told her that as much as I love her, we were going to have to spend a lot less time together if she didn't stop undermining my parenting. She pretty much stopped.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It's tough because every situation needs to handled differently. If you constantly let people do this to you, your kids lose respect for your authority and you can't blame them. You need to stick to your word regardless of what anyone else says. If it's something like the person watching your child lets them eat candy when you said no, you tell the person that you said no, the reason why and if it happens again, you will re-evaluate who takes care of your child. You need to lay down the law and stick to your word EVERY time. Consistency is the key!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You are the mother, therefore, everyone around your child that has an opinion should keep quiet and mind their own business.

It's simple to handle it...the next time it happens, let the person know that you appreciate the help but only when asked...then tell your child what YOU want...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009