Would you definately KNOW it if you lost your mucous plug?

or could you be using the bathroom and not even notice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I defintely knew with mine, but I have heard that some women don't know. If you lost it in one shot then I guess you could miss it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Could be both. I noticed both of mine. Everyone is different.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I guess not if you lost it in the toilet and didn't look when you wiped. Not everyone loses it before they go into active labor.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was getting ready for a shower when I lost mine, It was stuck to the side of my leg... The worst part was that my husband was in the bathroom with me, I think that scarred him for life, ewwwwwww.... But I probably wouldnt have noticed otherwise
    Anonymous

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I almost choked from laughing so hard! 

I honestly dont know if I lost mine before or during active labor.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It really depends on how you lose it. With me I start losing it in large, long chunks. It was definately different from regular discharge. LOL It literally looks like mucus, like from your nose. Sort of gross I know. I always just lost pieces of mine when I was going the bathroom. I would notice when I wiped.

My friend lost hers in the shower and definately noticed it. She was washing her vagina and felt something slip past her fingers. She looked down and saw a blood tinged chunk of mucus going across the tub floor and into the drain.
    Anonymous

• im 28 weeks and already lost some of mine.i knew when i lost it it was nasty.
    Anonymous

• i never lost mine with my daughter.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 5:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i didn't lose mine with my son at least that i noticed but i did with my daughter and i knew exactly what it was and i had her exactly 12 hrs later. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009