any advice for a mother of soon to be 2 under 2?

lorilu12

Asked by lorilu12 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol if you need someone to talk to i am about to be joining that club! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm in your club as well. I'm learning as I go but I've got a long way to go. I can't give advice; only support!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yep! my boys are 23 months apart, and I am pregnant now fixing to have girls that will be 22 months apart. It's a handful, but as they get older theyare best friends. Make the older one your helper, cause they are going to want tons of attention, dont push them away but give them a job to do, it will make them important. message me if you want to chat!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my boys are also 23 mo apart but i thought it made things easier. my older one was at the stage that he want a job and to be a big boy so i played off that... put this in the trash, put this away. and then rewarded him like a big boy...
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 8:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Big job! Making your older one feel still wanted and special is sooo important. Letting him help in small ways once the baby comes is good, including him in the baby care is helpful...and I can't stress enough to schedule special time with the older one without the baby, a time when the older one can count on as "just you and him". If you live near family or have a good friend to come watch the baby for an hour or so, take the older one to the library, or the park, or out for an icecream cone, just the two of you, and tell him how much you enjoy your "special" time with him. Tell him how proud you are of how he has welcomed the baby into the family and what a big help he is, even though you know at times it's hard for him! And tell him how much the baby loves him, too. See how he smiles at you, he loves his big brother! Hope this helps. Bless you and your family!
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your input!
    lorilu12

Answer by lorilu12 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009