• In the Spotlight:

Are two kids enough?

Well... Here's the situation. I'll be having my third c/s in 10 days and they don't recommend any more than that. I know women who have pushed it but I don't think I want to go through the surgery/recovery again either.... We have a 2 1/2 year old son and a daughter who went to Heaven at 29 wks in my pregnancy. So, we're having another girl.
I want to know if two kids is enough, how they do and how the parents like just having two. Help me out!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is a very individual decision. My youngest son is happy with one. My older wants a big family. We had only two, because we felt we could afford college well for two, and did, but I would have liked to have had a third. So after you have your two, give it a year or more, and decide how you feel about it. Adopting is a great way to give a child a home, or you could foster.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think two is a good number. you arnt out numbered by your children its one parent to one child which usually works well. IF you can afford more and its something you and your husband truly want then i say have another one by all means but i do think 2 is a good number of children.
    Sorry about your loss but congrats on the new addition about to be born.
    Anonymous

• Well for me personally I would have to say no, b/c i have 4. Sometimes I think it wouldbe easier w/ just two, but it is a very personal decision. I love having a big family. There is always someone for the kids to play w/ too. If YOU feel two is enough for YOU, then it is. Noone can really answer that question for you.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 3:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think every couple feels diffrently. If your doctor has advised you against having anymore, I dont think I would. Some women breeze through pregnancy and could give birth to 20 kids no prblem. I wasnt one of them. Had toxemia with my first, but I knew I wanted another. Second pregnancy was better than the first, but it's still not something I would want to do again. First was a C-section at 35 weeks due to the toxemia. Second was a V-BAC. Niether pregnancy or delivery was a blast.
    woodswalker

Answer by woodswalker at 3:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have 2 and think it is a wonderful number. I have aboy and girl and the way I see it is we can live in a 3 bedroom house and they both have there own room. I had 2 problem pregnancies and so my body could not take anymore. I would say if you are happy with 2 then 2 is a good number.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 3:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• if your done having kids then yes two is enough.. If you can't answer that question than maybe two isn't enough. However if the doctor says anymore than two is dangerous and you get a second opinion that mirrors that I would say two is plenty.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think 2 is really good! It keeps life simple. More than two you have to really not mind chaos! Although a sister for a girl is a really good thing and so is a brother for a boy. See how it goes... pray
    Anonymous

• I have 2. they are both grown now. It was all we wanted and since we had a girl and a boy we decided to quit there, besides which I had horrible pregnancies and deliveries, the second by emergency c-section, so we decided to quit while we were ahead.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I thought one was enough. But then I had more ten years later. Umm, my first two were by c-section. But I was able to give birth naturally to my third and then to my twins. I had my last four with in the span of 5 years.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son is 9 years older than my daughter. I always knew I wanted more kids but life got in our way and that’s how it worked out. (one of my biggest regrets, not having my kids closer together) I had my daughter by c-section and while I was ‘opened up’ I had my tubes tied. I regret it so bad! Even though both of my pregnancies were very hard on me, and my health. The number of children is someone that is a very personal decision and nobody else can make it for YOU, but don’t do anything permanent until you are for sure.

Im so sorry to hear of the loss of daughter, and congratulations on the soon arrival of your new little one.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 4:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009