how much cereal do you put in a 4 ounce bottle?

Suzeque

Asked by Suzeque at 8:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your baby is old enough I would recommend giving it to him/her from a spoon. But if you need to do it through a bottle I would do MAYBE a tablespoon, if not less.
    kaitlynsmom428

Answer by kaitlynsmom428 at 8:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The only time cereal should go in a bottle is under a doctor's supervision for treatment of reflux, and if that's the case, the doctor will give you the ratio.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 8:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I never put cereal in a bottle. I just began spoon feeding at that point. I didn't agree with giving the baby cereal in a bottle because of some research I did.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• How old is your baby? When my daughter was 2 months old i started giving her a 5 ounce bottle with 2 tablespoons of rice cereal but only in her night bottle.
    Angel_602

Answer by Angel_602 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter has acid reflux, and our pediatrician reccomended a teaspoon for every ounce of formula.
    ZoesMommy0907

Answer by ZoesMommy0907 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm a mother of 2, when I had my son I gave him cereal when he was 2 week old in his last bottle less than a tablespoon and he slept through the whole night. now that I have a 7 month daughter she started cereal in the bowl never like it in the bottle.
    lil_precious2

Answer by lil_precious2 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I ony put about a tablespoon....make sure you make the nipple a little bigger so it can come out! Hope I helped!
    mrsaidensmommy

Answer by mrsaidensmommy at 9:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My doctor had me put it in Rory's bottles bc he was eating too much. I use the same scoop thats in the formula cans. And for 4 oz i did 11/2 to 2 scoops. Rory now only eats 3 times a day. Breakfast lunch and dinner and a snack in between of fruits. And sleeps through the night and has since 4 months when the doctor told us to start the cereal. Hope that helps
    pchef_nicole

Answer by pchef_nicole at 12:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my baby has really bad reflux so we put in 2 tablespoons per 2 ounces. Its super thick but at least it stays down!!
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• it depends on the hunger of the baby my son was alot larger than most babys and digested his food alot quicker so doc told me 1 tbsp every four ounces...then boost it to 2 tbsp
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008