GRRR baby daddy drama!

i let my son's father have him every weekend, because i work every weekend so it works out well. but it seems like every time i get my son back from his father he's hitting me, not listening, and just acting like a monster child! and when i call his father asking him why he's acting like this he just says "oh i don't know, he doesn't act like that at my house" what should i do?!!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• is there anyone else he can stay with? my friend is in the exact same situation-she works out of town on the weekends and now has her mom watch her little girl because of similar things
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It is normal. It is hard on kids to have to transition between two homes when both homes have different rules and activities. Dad's homes when on limited time are often the "fun houses" and it takes kids time to wind down. Just talk to dad and tell him that you need him to work with you on keeping discipline in order so that this doesn't happen. Do not accuse him of anything or attack him...just say "I need your help."
    Anonymous

• I have the exact same problem!!!! Every time my daughter comes back from her dads every other weekend she acts like a lil brat but when she's at her dads she don't act like that. I let him come over one time to see for himself cuz he didn't believe me. Then he realized how she acts when she come back home. Its horrible.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It's not normal at all for your child to act this way...my daughter does the same thing and as she gets older, her frustration level grows deeper...it's hard for some kids to transition from one house to another house, differerent set of rules, kwim? but in my opinion, it's not considered normal but you do learn how to deal with it and make the transitions better for your child.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• maybe your child just feels like he can get away with it more then when hes with his dad. OR his dad lets him do whatever he wants because he doesnt watch him very well, and he thinks its ok.
    Anonymous

• Its normal for kids to do that. My hubby and I are together, but my son does go stay at his nana's house on friday nights (just for fun). When we get him back he is usually very cranky and back talks a lot more. I think its just a way for them to vent thier frustration at wanting to spend more time with the person they were visiting. Cause when he stays a whole weekend, hes ready to come home and then rarely misbehaves then.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009