rib pain

Im 31 weeks pregnant and i have woken up in the middle of the night with really bad pain under my left breast and still get it every now and again. Its very sharp pain that also turns into a burning pain. And then my left lung hurts when it happens as well. What could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• heartburn possibly. Or the baby is liking to sit up there. I know my girls loved it under the ribs, and oh it hurt so bad! Good luck
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• it could just be the baby up in that area i had the same thing just got to deal wit it
    Anonymous

• It could be heartburn. I kept getting this weird pain in my sides a few weeks ago. It felt like it does when you run really far and you get that stabbing pain in your sides. My Dr said it was heartburn.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• with it up and down your side like that if it's not the baby under your ribs maybe the baby laying on a nerve wrong? Try changing positions and sleeping with a pillow between your legs if you arent already.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i am 31 weeks also and have the same thing happening they said its the baby she is just having fun driving me nuts and waits till night too do so lol good luck
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 4:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im 23 weeks and i already get that and have been getting it with every pregnancy once i pass that halfway point- its the weirdest thing- its like once my stomach gets to a certain size its like my ribs dig into the muscle around it- like stretching pains or something- but i get mine on the left and the right sides- not at the same time but it alternates and yeah it is like a tearing burning pain that takes my breath away and i have to lay down on my back or on the side thats not hurting to relieve it
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had the same thing but when it happened I also got major cramping. I thought that it was just my baby but it was my gallbladder and I had gall stones which is common when your pg maybe you should just bring it up to your doctor and they can check for stones
    Anonymous