Diapers

Is anyone's child in diapers that are a size or so larger than they should be in(according to weight)? My dd is 18 lbs and should still be in size 3, but has needed to move on to size 4. Maybe she's just got a big butt!

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD has always has to wear a larger size diaper than what the size chart says, I guess both our daughters have big butts! The larger size just fits around her better and they don’t leak.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 4:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• weight on the diapers is like the weight they list in your babies clothes. its never truly right every child is different.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, well I'm not sure right now. but I never really look at the weight. If a diaper stopped fitting comfortable I would move them up a size. I know my oldest seemed to have a big butt too, lol!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• The weights on the box are a guide.
    Think about it - some newborns hit the world weighing 17 or 18 pounds. Rare, but it happens. These babies may be really long and skinny. They may be really short and fat. They may just be perfectly porportioned but extra large newborns. Will the same diaper fit them all the same way even though they all weigh the same? Of course not. One is super skinny, one is extra fat, and one is medium sized.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009