Is it possible for a baby never to drop?

My first baby never dropped and I ended up with a c-section. Not because of not dropping but I figured I'd throw that in there. This baby hasn't dropped yet either and I'm getting very close to my due date. Is there something wrong if my babies never drop? Can that be a factor in having to have another c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son didn't drop. I had to have a c-section because my body wouldn't actually dilate. The doctor said the two weren't related though. So yeah, it's actually not uncommon for the baby to never drop.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• they say babies dont drop in second pregnancy till you go into labor. it is possible that babies dont drop because the pelvic area is to small for your baby. so yes that could be a reason behind you having a c section if your baby never moved down.
    Anonymous

• Some doctors do not like to do vag diliveries after C-sect. depending on the circumstances... if your baby does not drop, you will probably end up with another C-sect as natural delivery cannot begin without the baby beginning to decend into the birthing canal
    Anonymous

• Well thankfully my doctor supports VBACs but I had forgotten about my first never dropping and wondered if that may have had anything to do with my prior c-section. I'd be really disappointed if I didn't at least get to try for a VBAC. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

• My son never dropped...I had a C-Section because his head was too big.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 4:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my 2nd didnt drop til the last min.
    Anonymous

• My baby didn't really drop until I was in labor. Infact the day I went into labor with my second my doc said I hadn't dropped and predicted another 24-48 hourts. Well, it was only 2 more hours until I went into labor, lol.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009