How is your so doing with , changing the baby, feeding regularly, and other house hold chores?

My so is being a little lazy with chores. He will not change the baby when she wakes up in the middle of the night, he forgets her medicine, and sometimes he will forget to give her solids instead he gives her milk all day! Am i over reacting b/c she is still alive? I told him she is 7 months going on 8 months Please get with the program! it has been the same from the beginning ! Ladies should i flip ! He cooks and helps do a great deal , but slacks off a good bit lately! Help !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If my husband slacked on anything that could hinder my child's development or wellbeing, I would freak out (forgetting to give him medicine or not feeding him appropriate foods for his age and development etc.). If he wants to be lazy about everything else, that's fine, just not with our child.

My husband cooks all the time because I HATE doing it. He will clean whatever needs to be cleaned but usually doesn't have to because I'm a nut and usually always keep a clean house. If he doesn't chip in, I do remind him that I'm his wife, not his maid lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• men are the same, my hubby helps me when I ask ,but only when i ask...
    But he works a lot and provide for us so I can be home with our baby, so im ok with that
    I don't expect him to cook after coming home from work, or get up in the middle of the night to change a diaper when he has to wake up at 7am for work...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think what he is doing is completely unacceptable. Giving the baby milk at only 7 months old and forgetting her medicine is NEGLIGENT. (Errrrr when you said "milk" did you mean formula?) I would use that word, "NEGLIGENT". I would also let him know that slipping when it comes to the chores is UNFAIR and places a heavier, undue burden on YOU.

That being said, YES you may be overreacting. tee hee :) Especially if it's only been going on for a short time. Lack of sleep DOES catch up with you and neglecting a few things happens. If you meant formula (not milk) then the baby is still getting her proper nutrients. It's truly not that big of a deal. My husband did the same, so then I would have to do all the solids feedings and simply would tell him he needs to feed the baby solids for every meal. He eventually started stepping it up because he fears being thought of as a bad father!

Don't worry yet! I

TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think sometimes men need a wake up call... my bf and I have a great arrangment.. if i want some time to myself, he will take care of our son... its so much easier now that he's older. He's 8 months now, but in the morning, I ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom... so he will get the boy and change him and then I take over while he gets ready for work.. so he's usually gone for 12 hours a day, once he gets home, he showers and then plays with our son.. when he's done doing that, I put our son to bed and then my bf cooks dinner.. on the weekends, he helps me clean the house... its funny, i've been slacking on chores because our son is at the age where playtime is fun. My bf and I went to the bookstore and got a bunch of books for our son and he reads them to our son... sometimes, you just gotta rattle their chains,... when our son was a new born i had ot do this, and it worked out!!!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i work a 12 hour shift and he works 8 or 9 ! I am sitting down and he is on his feet ! He wants to compare us !
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem at times. I just simply remind my DH that I didnt make him by myself and I'm not going to take care of him by myself. We have a nice arrangment. He works about 16 hours a day so my son sleeping is kinda schedualed around that so yes he's up later then most babies his age but he sleeps later also.( it works for us). Yes my husband works but at night he gets our son out of bed is he wakes up and brings him to me. He gets him out of bed in the morning, he watches him so I can do what needs to be dont so in the end it evens out. Now on the house work I think after having our son I must have developed OCD or something because yes he helps me with dishes and vacuming but thats all. I have a sertain way of doing things and thats how they have to be done so I do most of the house work. But I would just sit him down and tell him about your frustations and see what happens that may be all he needs.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My husband is wonderful...he jumps up to change her. If she wakes up hungry, he gets her a bottle if I have nothing left to nurse. He does work about 12-14 hours a day running a restaurant and as soon as he gets home he takes her and loves her so that I can do whatever I need to do. And knowing that a lot of the time I don't have time to cook or just don't want to, he brings me home a delicious salmon dinner with brocolli and sweet potatoes from work. Plus he does all his chores around the house as long as I leave him a list.:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I don't think you are over reacting, but not sure I can offer advice other than I don't think you are over reacting. My husband has been really good. This is our third child and he has gotten better with each one. He is only home on weekends, but does his fare share of chores and taking care of the kids. The only thing I can think of is to start slacking off with him. Take care of yourself and the baby and pretend he doesn't exist until he gets his act together.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009