what is this brown muscous

Last period was Feb 16th,I stopped taking birth control on the 2nd of march. I spotted on the 6th of march, it started out bright red then turned brown. Now today's March 17th and I should have started my period yesterday but haven't yet. I am having this really thick and sticky brown mucous discarge only when i wipe. What is this and could I be pregnant.

Also on the 6th after i stopped my BC I spotted, could this have been a period??It was just so short and light, only one days worth.only had to use one liner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Brown discharge is old blood, I generally get that at the end of my period. Generally not a good pregnancy sign.
    I wouldnt go by your spotting as your period, it could take a few months before your cycle goes back to normal. You could start your period at any time, just whenever your body gets back into the swing of going natural again.
    If you think you may be pregnant I would just test. Good luck
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 4:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009