Cleaning kids ears?

I'm always digging in my 2 year olds ears because she gets alot of wax!my MIL yells at me about it, but I can't help it!she gets so Much!it's really built up in there!does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My doctor said it's okay to clean the ears and it's actually a good thing. The build up can cause problems if left alone. But make sure to use the safety-tip q-tips to be sure you are not putting it in too far. My son has a lot of problems during the times when his allergies are bothing him like spring or fall. We clean his ears out a lot then.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Use the q-tips for children, its wider at the bottom so you cant damage the ears.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I can't help it either! I have to keep my nails short for typing and because I kept accidentally scratching the baby, but I miss my nails! It was soooo much easier to dig into my baby's ears and nose!!!! I use Q-tips at bath time, twice a week. But I still dig in his ears too...

If you are very concerned, just ask your pediatrician....

I don't think it does any harm.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree to do it during bath time. The water will soften the wax. Then I take my pinky, which is too big to go in too far, and put a baby washcloth around it (one layer) and wipe my baby's ears with that.
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my son always has wax and I am constantly in his ears! with my fingers and i get the top insides when he's in the bath - he never has had any problems with ear infections so I just get afraid of wax build up plus its gross
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• just don't shove the wax deep in her ears!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009