Has anyone ever done a colon cleanse? Did it help bloating and weight loss?

If so, what did you do/use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Dr. Natura's It was interesting and probably effective as far as colon cleansing goes...but I didn't get anything crazy coming out like pics on the website. I would recommend it...I didn't loose any weight either but I still feel like it was a healthy experience.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes!! I did. My sister and her husband did. My husband. My two best friends and their whole family did. We all used a product called Colonix. Check out their website www.drnatura.com
    This stuff worked MIRACLES for all of us. The most profound was for my gf. She had stomach problems for YEARS after visiting a foreign country. She has used MANY cleanses and taken medications, etc. But NOTHING compared to Colonix. It cleansed live parasites from her body! I know, GROSS, but it got rid of them and now no more stomach issues. I thought, gosh - I don't think I have parasites, but if I do, I want them GONE NOW. It gave my husband tons more energy and helped rid him of headaches and it helped me with a minor issue too. It's costly, but definitely worth it. If you use it, make sure you mix the powder with orange juice or something as thick as OJ. Otherwise it's toooo nasty to drink. There are pills & a hot tea too.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Um they sell stuff at Trader Joes... would that work?
    ValiVal

Answer by ValiVal at 5:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• we use herbal fiber blend by the Aim Company. Works great
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Be careful, I call some of that stuff super colon blow!! Every time I use one of those I get stomach cramps and can't stop pooping for days, and I don't lose any weight either. I'm sure it's healthy but I can't be at work running off to poop when I'm doing a haircut!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Does it all make you "go" a ton? I can't "run off" at my job either... How many days do you usually do a cleanse for?
    Anonymous

• If your using those things, make sure you get lots of water and fibers. Eat fruits and whole grains. Have you considered acai berry?
    helpmehelpu12

Answer by helpmehelpu12 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You can do an Epson flush. I'm not sure how much Epson Salt that you add to your water but 20 minutes after drinking it you are going. Stay close to a bathroom for the next 2-3 hrs & then you are okay. Best to do first thing in the morning & drink a laxative tea before bed at night. These are two of the steps in the Master Cleanse Detox. The third part is drinking the lemonade but you don't eat any food for 10 days. This detox has had great comments but it just doesn't sound real healthy to me. Just try the salt drink & tea....
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It didn't make me (or anyone I know) have to go suddenly. It's not like having diarrhea or stomach problems...it's just that when you go, there's ALOT More that comes out and it's more smelly than usual. I didn't lose weight, but I definitely felt "lighter" and a lot less bloated. I did get some very very minor cramping and so did my husband.

Have you checked out the website yet? It really is incredible.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree with TLALONDE...I never had the runs with Colonix. It was easy to go and you only go a few times each day and it doesn't hit u like taking laxatives. The pooping wasn't a problem for me it was drinking all the water that I thought was hard. I didn't have any cramping and you do have ALOT more when you go its amazing!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009