Carpet Cleaning!!

Im starting to hate carpet. Mine need shampooed so bad and Im about to do it myself. I got a quote and the said it was $170 for 2 rooms and hallway...No way I can pay that and its not even for my whole house. Is it hell keeping your carpets clean?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I completely hate to clean the carpets , but I usually do it myself and just rent a machine from homedepot.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• you should just take that $170 and buy a Bissel Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner and do it yourself every month or so
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 4:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I completely agree with Zanny!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i have a 2yr old and a hubby so my carpets are a disaster zone i just borrow a friends steam cleaner once a week and clean my carpets its cheaper then getting someone to do it for me and it only takes me 2.5-3hrs to get the downstairs and stairway done.
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah we just paid to get our carpets clean and after that we had a rule...NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have a bissel proheat,and it works great,justmake sure you get theone with the attachments,if you have stairs,also good for spot cleaning,I used it to clean my car carpets and seats. I love mine.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mom has the machine...Im just so sick of trying to keep them clean...I hate the machine!!!

frustrated

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you can get the Bissel Pro heat- pay one time and then can use it as often as you like.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Oh god yes! We have a light blue carpet (was there when we moved in) and we have a 2 and 1 yr old....so our carpet constantly looks as though someone took a paintblaster and just randomly shot at the floor...juice, chocolate, coffee, pop...you name it, the stain is on our carpet. Even after steam cleaning it barely passes as respectable..LOL...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We have a wonderful steam cleaner that my husband loves to use!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009