First birthday ideas...

My daughter is only 7 months but I'm already thinking about her first birthday party. The thing is that my family and my husband's family both live here. Lots of kids of all different ages. I only want her to have 1 birthday party, not 1 for each side of the family ( which is how my baby showers went). We live in a condo so we can't have it at our place. It's better for all concerned if it was not at a grandparents house. Any ideas that wouldnot cost an arm and a leg? It's in August so outside is okay. Lots of adults and kids. Probably about 10-15 adults and about 10 children.

VBeachMommy

Asked by VBeachMommy at 5:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had it at a park that my son loves to play at. It worked out perfect. the kids were busy,no need for games or activities so less money to spend. The kids loved it and the parents loved that they were able to still talk and watch the kids at the same time. You could also try chuck e cheese if you have one. i am thinking of doing my sons second birthday there. they have different packages and they give all the kids tokens to play and pizza,what kid doesnt love pizza. hope that helps some?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• is there alocal park near you? or a forest preserve? a lot of times parks and forest preserves have gazebos and stuff and you can reserve them for the day. its usually free,and this way you can have everyone there at the same time. Also it gives you a lot of space to set up different kinds of games and stuff that will appeal to everyone of all ages. and you can have a bbq which is extremely affordable
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Is there a church near you with a large room you could use? A lot of times churches will have an outdoor play ground as well. I'm just thinking that indoors might be better for your little one so he can crawl around and play. You could bring toys for the kids and BBQ or something.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Since its in the summer, I would go to a local park with a playground. That way the bigger kids can run around. I would make it a potluck
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009