peanutbutter allergy?

my husband gave our little girl who is 18months old a peanutbutter sandwhich yesturday while i was at work. It was the first time shes had peanutbutter now last night and all day today shes been running a fever. Would a allergy cause a fever? she doesnt have a rash or anything and he said she didnt act funny after she ate the sandwhich. or could this just be a fluke and shes got a cold now or something? iv called the dr cause her fever just spiked up to 103.4 about a hour ago but he hasnt called back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't heard of food allergies causing fevers especially lasting this long. I'm thinking more of a fluke. I would think that she would display a rash of some sort at least, or diarrea.
    My son just got over a virus where his fever was all the way up to 105 when the motrin would ware off. He woke up from an afternoon nap with a fever and it lasted 3 days (long nights w/out very much sleep). I'm sure it's just a virus, but stay in contact with your pedi about the fever. Motrin works way better than tylenol FYI -incase you didn't know ;)
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would think fluke also - but sometimes you never know. I gave my son 2 jars of those gerber graduates apples - APPLES and 1 hour later he started itching his butt so hard it bled - apparently it caused his ezcema to spark up and that's how I can tell when he's allergic - he did that with whole milk also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son has peanut allergy and it doesn't cause a fever. If she were allergic to it you would have known right away. They get hives throw up stop breathing all the fun stuff.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 7:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009