my 7yr old has alergies and asthma

My 7yr old has asthma and is also alergic to cats,dogs,dust mites,mold,grass,milk,eggs,weat,and soy. and i dont know what to do when it comes to some foods. or he loves milk and chesse and so on but his brother is fine iam not sure on what he and his brother can eat or what to cut out iam sooo confused on what to do the poor kid cant even go out side to play at the moment

Drgndame

Asked by Drgndame at 5:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• ask his pedi
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• As far as the food is concerned, I would talk to the pediatrician about what foods you can give him for sure and then play around them to make them interesting and fun to eat. I would also be willing to bet there are groups on here specifically for kids with food allergies.
    As far as the asthma and outdoor allergies--has you ped. had you take him to a specialist? When I was little, I had to go to an allergy/asthma specialist and they pinpointed exactly what my triggers were and prescribed medication to take care of both asthma and allergies. In the mean time, kids, non-drowsy benedryl works really well for allergies, and often, if the allergies (the grass, dust, mold, cats, dog) are taken care of, the asthma improves substantially.
    Lizzie_Angus

Answer by Lizzie_Angus at 5:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• message me and i can give you a web sit that has helped us.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 5:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Is he taking any medications? I take an allergy med that helps with asthma too....Singulair. There are others as well...ask the doc.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Talk to your pediatrician and start reading labels. Depending on the severity of the food allergies, you may need to watch for foods produced where other foods with the allergens are produced...cross contamination like with nut products.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009