• In the Spotlight:

How much castor oil are you suppose to take to induce labor?

I am 39 weeks pregnant, and would love to get this baby out of me!!! How much castor oil did you have to take to get labor going?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• none, it's not a good thing to use unless you are under the supervision of an OB or midwife.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i took it and it didnt work. i walked around a store for a few hours and thats what got my contractions going.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• that is an old wives tale, i think. the baby will come when he/she is ready...

I was over due with my son, I walked a mile to a mile and a half a night from 2 weeks until I was due on... I had nookie, exercised etc etc... he came late anyways, when he was ready. I wish I could help more!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 5:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! It's NOT safe for you or your baby.

There have been several other post today asking about induction. I posted a ton of SAFE natural things you can try in those. If you can't find them say so and I'll repost the info in here for you.
    Anonymous

• It gives you diarrhea and may or may not induce labor. If you will be birthing in a hospital that won't let you drink water don't start your labor dehydrated from diarrhea. Try sex (no condom), walking, and test driving a breast pump. They also may or may not work, but they will be much more pleasant.
    MommaAprilP

Answer by MommaAprilP at 5:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• This is one link to one of the post where you can find information on natural induction that is safe.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/155789/Anything_else_I_can_do

Remember though your baby will come when he or she is ready. There is a reason this baby isn't here yet. Babies come between 37-42 weeks.
    Anonymous

• The only thing it will induce is a really bad case of the $hits!!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• why dont people just answer the question instead of NOT,,,,

i drank like 4 ounces and it didnt work
    Anonymous

• Last annoymous...People ARE answering the question. It's flipping dangerous and most people don't know that because their mom or aunt or whoever told them it was safe. I'm pretty sure the OP would be happy to know that it's dangerous so that she doesn't put her or her baby in danger.

Why is it that people just want everyone to turn a blind eye and say "oh go ahead sweetie. Drink the whole bottle. Whatever it takes to get that kid out" ???

It's dangerous, it doesn't work for many women and it's NOT NOT NOT something that should be taken!
    Anonymous

• All castor oil does is give you poop cramps not labor cramps. It is DANGEROUS because it can cause dehydration and cause the baby to poop in the womb which can cause all sorts of problems for your baby, not the least of which is difficulty breathing after birth.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2009