burping question

At night, when dd is asleep and wakes up for a bottle, she goes back to sleep while drinking, and then when i raise her up to burp her, she wakes up. Any suggestions ona technigue? If i dont burp her she wakes up even more, i guess from the gas it causes . IDK. She is 8 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would average out how much shes drinking each night and try to burp her about half way. So if she usually drinks 8 oz before falling asleep, try burping her at around 4 oz.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 5:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Its good that she is waking up. She shouldn't fall asleep on the bottle. Put her to bed awake. It might suck for a few nights but she'll get the hang of going to sleep on her own. The sooner she learns how to go to sleep by herself, the better off you'll both be. Since mine was 7 mo. Our day time nap routine consists of two stories and bed. Thats it. I leave the room while she is still awake. She goes to sleep on her own. It takes me 5 minutes to put her down for a nap. You'll love it once you get the hang of it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• On parenting.com they say that at nite baby's dont need to be burped, they drink slower cause they are sleepy... I dont burb my son at nite and let him fall alseep eating... No problems yet! He's almost 7 weeks old....
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 6:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my son is 6 months old and i burp him at night and early mornings, sometimes he just doesnt burp at all. I just lay him down but he wakes up crying also. I just try again and again. I guess the only thing that works for us is when he cries i rub his tummy and in the morning when he wakes up he burps real loud! lol
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 9:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009