Do you spend a lot of time with your husband daily?

or do you guys usually do your own thing once the kids are in bed? Would you like to spend more time with him or less time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• we spend as much time as we can together. he works all day, hes gone at 8am doesnt get home til 7pm maybe later, so when he gets home were always together. usually its just hanging out, but atleast its together! I think we have a perfect balance, we both still go out occasionally with our own friends away from eachother. so to me its perfect
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I rarely see my significany other. he works 11 hours a day and then goes to activities during the week. on the nights that he is home, he typically eats dinner and goes to bed. i would like to see him more... I am lonely :(
    Anonymous

• I don't see my husband much. He works in another town so he has a long drive to work. He's always gone before I get up. Then he gets home in time to tuck baby in and I go to bed then too.
    Anonymous

• Lately yes, he's at home on work comp so I see him all the time! Normally he works out of state and I only see him on the weekend.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I am with the kids al day so he usually comes home and gives me a break, that and the kids are all over him the second he walks in the door. After they go to bed we usually are in the same room but sometimes it is doing something together and someth\imes not, like I will be reading or online, adn he is on his video games, or something. We do watch movies alot at night, and weekends are family time, we dont really do alot of alone stuff then cause the kids and all.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, he works five days or nights and then gets 5 off and we spend the most of it together!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 5:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my hubby leaves for work at 5:30am and usually doesnt get home until about 5:30-6pm. so i dont see him during the day. but he is always home for dinner and after the baby goes to bed (8pm) we try to set at least an hour aside to spend time with eah other. whether its talking.. or cuddling on the couch.. sometimes he'll even run me a bath and sit in the bathroom with me while i soak. hes got the weekends off.. so we spend lots of time together then. and i love it!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 6:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I work 5 days/wk and he is currently a SAHD...so we usually spend our time together after the kids go to bed. We like to just talk, or watch tv shows that aren't g rated..lol..

I wish we could spend more time together, but we know that for now, this is how it is and we make the best of it.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My husband and I try to keep our time balanced. We have "family nights" on Fridays.. this is usually the night our son picks our activity. We try to set aside "date nights" (just had one Saturday) where we go out without our kiddo and try to spend time just enjoying each other. But we do believe that time apart is healthy too. I can spend time shopping with my friends (which he hates) while he hangs out at his friends house working on cars, scratching, and doing boy things. ( i am not really into the male bonding rituals..lol) It has taken a long time for us to find that balance (most of it was me letting go of such a need to control things) but we are really becoming a healthier couple because of it. And our son sees good balance in marriage can make home life so much nicer!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 7:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We spend time together whenever we can. He works long days and some weekends, but we hang out and have coffee in the a.m. before he goes to work. He comes home for lunch and we eat together and hang out. We have dinner together as a family every night and hang out together til we go to sleep. Then, on weekends, we are together if he's not working.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009