Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extensions on tax return..

Okay, so i am getting a CPA this year to do our taxes. For the past few years the same lady at H&R Block has done our taxes. Well this year I had sent her all our stuff, andi never heard from her, she never returned my calls, or my emails. Since like the begining of february. Well, i got a letter from the irs, saying that we owed more money from our 07 tax return. That the found a mistake. I got that like 2 weeks ago. Still she did not respond. So i called and emailed her to just send my stuff back and i would get someone else.She said she would. I took it to a CPA today and they are going to do them. They said they would file an extension. And that that extends the filind date, but not the payment date. I am guessing it is because they are so busy. And they are going to look back at the 07 one and the letter i got and see what is wrong. Has any one else had to do an extension? What were the fees like? I trusted that lady.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Never had an extension don't know the fees but I thought H&R backed their work? I would go there in person and talk to whoever is in charge there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • I would talk to the manager at H&R block.. anything over and above what they quote or mail in, they are suppose to pay for because it is there mistake. I would seriously take it up with someone about that one.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.