does anyone know how to make tomato gravey??

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• honey what is tomato gravey? lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• would that be spaghetti sauce? lol
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• try this: from www.allrecipes.com ...but I HAVE to ask.... what do you put it on?

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 cup bacon drippings
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups water
    1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    salt and ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
    Heat bacon drippings in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir the flour into the bacon drippings and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Slowly pour the water into the flour mixture while whisking. Whisk in the tomato paste. Cook the mixture until it begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• lol buscuits. its like brown gravy but made with tomatoes. its sooo good and my momma used to make it for me when i was little. i want some but i dont know how to make it
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• that is what my sisters ex mother in law used to call spaghetti sauce ...........they are from south louisiana!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 6:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• and they put boiled eggs and sugar in their spaghetti sauce...........they also call it red gravy!
    twarmymm

• It depends...reciepes can differ...

My tomato gravy is made with fat/lard/oil (take your pick), flour, a bit of milk, and canned tomato paste. Basically its just like making regular gravy, but you add less milk to make up for the tomato paste you are adding in....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• In the South, you do make actual gravy with tomatoes...this is usually used on eggs for breakfast, or as a gravy for meatloaf or as a cheap substitute for spaghetti sauce or as a base for some goulashes...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My DF is from NY, and his "gravy" is my tomato sauce. It took forever for me to figure out what he meant, lol.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009