i really want to have twins what can i do to up my chances?

Me and my fiance really want multiples, he has twins on his side, but as far as i know not on mine, i heard it only matters if its on the moms side to up the chances, but were not opposed to medically, as far as we know, our daughter is 9mnths, and we dont plan on another kid(s) for 4/5 years but we r looking into how to have twins. we dont know much about the concieving part of having twins but really want them. any advice ideas or opnions?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 6:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Intro will get you twins. Natural,,There is know way to garentee it will happen

Answer by louise2 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Fraternal twins only come through the moms side. There is no way to make it happen other than fertility treatments, or waiting until you are older, above 35 the chances get higher. Science has never determined what causes identical twins.

I'm curious why you want twins. I am a mom of 11 year old identical girls. I love my girls but let me tell you it is a lot harder for the first few years, and the "cute" factor wears off quickly. Also twin pregnancy can be slightly riskier than a single birth. With twins there is more risk of premature delivery and the complications that can come from that. My doctor said it is rare for identical twins to be carried past 35 weeks. Fraternals tend to go longer but it is harder on a woman's body.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• invitro will definately get you twins..and they have it now to where you can choose the sex of your babys and hair color eye color and everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Invitro will NOT "definitely get you twins". It might increase the odds if two embryos are implanted, but there are never any guarantees with the procedure...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I dont have any suggestions for you however I know how you feel. I too want twins. However my reasoning is because I have some health problems with my pregnancys and we want 4 kids and already have 2. I will basically be putting myself on a strict diet and everything to help keep me healthy and would rather only go through this whole thing one more time instead of 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• u should join the (( trying for twins or more here on cafemom... )) theres some tips in there
    ILOVEMYkids163

Answer by ILOVEMYkids163 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just found out that taking folic acid supplements are supposed to help...not sure. I am 29 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins (was triplets but we lost one.) and IT IS SO HARD on your body!! I am MISERABLE!!!! But good luck to you....
    eku_mommy

Answer by eku_mommy at 10:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• this is a great form lots of info...

http://www.ttctwins.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=61
    laura_mae99

Answer by laura_mae99 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010