Oh my God!!!

I just broke up with my boyfriend for the stupidest thing! I am pregnant and I don't know if its my emotions or because I really wanted to break up with him?? We had a huge family dinner planned with all my family and all his tonight at a pizza place and all the sudden he said he couldn't go?? I snapped and broke up with him and told him to pack his shit and go..we fight but not alot and I don't know why i just did that. I am so mad though.. did any of you do this while pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• yes honey, it happens. My husband swears he is going to get aniother aartment cause I kick him out so often during the first few months of pregnancy. Talk to him and let him know you are sorry, even if he isnt ready to talk at least say sorry I didnt mean it and I am here when you are ready.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Nope I was pretty stable and just cried and was emotional over dumb things like commercials and movies.
    Anonymous

• No! When I gave birth to our first child, we had been married 5 years. I know that's a little old-fashioned, but we now have three children, four(soon to be five) grandchildren, and we have now been married 44 years plus a few months. In my opinion, that's still the way it ought to be done. If you can't stand a man, you should figure that out before having sex with him and making a baby. Babies really do need daddies. Toddlers really do need daddies. Teen-agers really do need daddies. Even adult children sometimes still need their daddies for advice and things like that. I don't think hormones have anything to do with it. I was pregnant four times and never once did I even so much as think of tossing my husband out. It must be something other than the hormones.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree with NannyB...

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i think nannyb dont know what shes talking about.... what you have is very low self control... that with hormones = bad combo.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm heated and over emotional when I am pregnant! I got crazy! I "broke up" with my husband and made up in an hour! We laugh about it now. Everyone handles it differently, no ones experience is the same. I think some people are taking it a little too serious. Just call him up, and tell him you are sorry and talk to him about how you are feeling. You guy's will probably be fine. Just learn from it. As of this day my husband says he could handle another baby but not another pregnancy!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Only you know if it was hormones or if you really want to break up with him. Some women react to situations differently..I dont know if it was really necessary for you to break up with him for not being able to go. What was his reason? does he have to work? is he ill? My suggestion is to take a look at your situation.. if you are pregnant and stuck in the house all day you may just need an outlet. Maybe there is a problem you need to talk over with him that has nothing to do with him cancelling your dinner. Are you not being fulfilled? I think its better to talk about things before resorting to "pack your stuff and get out"... once you start down that road it is going to be easier each time you guys argue. Take some time to let yourself (and him ) calm down.. then talk to him. But if you ARE the one that needs to apologize, make sure you do it with sincerity and not blame it on hormones alone. (most guys hate that) Good luck!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 7:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yup and wish I had let him stay gone. I ended up marrying the no good jerk off and had to divorce him years later.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yep. Girl I was crying and getting mad at the dumbest things. The most dumbest thing I cried at was there was not enough toothpaste left and I got really upset. Now I look back on it I;m like WTF why didn't I just go and get some more. lol But your situtation, do you still feel happy that you guys are broken up, if so then you shouldn't worry about it any more or if you are sad you need to talk it out with him.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Got three children of my own and with every single pregnancy I would get so hormonal I would go from crying for no reason to being mad enough to bite nails in half. My dr. said it is completely normal. Maybe you need to calm down try to talk to him when you are not so emotional. If he loves you, he will want this to work out they just are stupid selfish beings and it should be all about him now he has to share with the baby and they act out too so don't be to hard on yourself dear. I always felt better after a nice long hot bath with music and candles and NO body bothering me. It will get better just try to be objective with both sides of the coin and don't throw out the baby with the bathwater if you get what I mean. Good luck and congrads!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 12:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009