self image

ladies i am 22 and i have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and i just got a divorce from an abusive relationship a year ago. i have been asked out several times and i am just not ready. however i think most of it is bc i am 5'1 and i weight about 200 pounds and i cant lose it..anyone got advice on how to lose weight with out spending lots of money?

bbutram5104

Asked by bbutram5104 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• eat. all the time. just good things. I used to eat ALL day long, but it was fruits, veggies, healthy stuff that didn't cost too much that I could carry with me so I didn't splurge on eating out meals or get too hungry. when you actually eat a meal, don't think diet, just think balance. what you eat needs to match your physical activities. if you don't have time to exercist alot, then don't eat a lot of sweets of fatty foods. Balance, good things, luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Keep a food journal. This is one of the best proven weight loss tools. There are many free food journals online (I use one at livestrong.com called the daily plate). Or, just get a piece of paper and start keeping track of your caloric intake. The nice thing about a food journal is that you known how many calories you are consuming...which is very important when trying to lose weight. What is even nicer about an online food journal is that it does most of the work for you. To lose one pound you need to have a 3500 calorie deficit (~500 calorie deficit per day to lose 1 lb per week). A food journal will help you create this deficit so that you can safely lose weight. I tried everything to lose weight and the only thing that helped me shed the 40+ lbs of weight was a food journal and some exercise. Currently, I am thinner than I was before I had my dd. I wish you luck...give the food journal a try
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im 21 and have had 3 kids and i am back to where i was when i was 17. the key for me was just to make sure that you eat 6 small meals throughout the day. when you feel like you need to snack on something sweet, grab an apple or banana, the are sweet, or what i do is i eat sunflower seeds. i have a tendency to eat when im bored so by eating sunflower seeds with shells i not only kill my boredom by having shell them but im also eating something with lots of protein. also like i said what works for me is although its hard to exercise when you work and have kids or even if you dont work, so even for just half an hr. a day try to jump rope or walk or jog. that will help burn a lot of fat. i hope this helps even just a little.
    marinewife1987

Answer by marinewife1987 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009