Discharge & Spotting (TMI)

I have been spotting on & off for 3 weeks now, was put on bedrest due to a heart-shaped uterus & the bleeding, & was told that as long as cramping didnt get bad or the bleeding get worse that I was fine & would be checked again at my next visit (which will be on Thursday the 19th). However, today something strange happened. Right before I started spotting, a white creamy discharge was present (had no smell), directly after I noticed that I started spotting again (it always varies in color from brown, to pink, to maroon...this time was pink). I did have an orgasm about an hour before the discharge if that makes any difference. Is this something to be concerned about, is it something to wait & bring up at my next appointment, or should I just brush it off? I am about 7 1/2 weeks along...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HmMmMm...yea, it may have been caused from the orgasm. Like the PP said, an orgasm causes your uterus to contract, so it would only make sense that the discharge is from that. As long as there is no heavy bleeding and no pain I think it can wait until your next appointment on Thursday.
    Geez, a girl can't even have a orgasm without worries, no fun huh?
    LoL Hang in there mama!
    ((Hugs))
    TwinkleInMyEye3

Answer by TwinkleInMyEye3 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you're on bedrest for a condition like that, it's not a good idea to engage in sexual activity of any kind. Orgasms cause your uterus to contract, and at this point, you're supposed to be RELAXING that muscle.

The discharge could've been anything, there's really no way to know exactly what it was. I wouldn't, however, engage in sexual activity until you have your next appointment and ASK if its OK. Like you said before, you were told you were fine unless your bleeding and cramping got worse, and it doesn't sound like it has.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was told it was okay to be sexual as in oral and masturbation, just wasnt allowed penetration (which I've avoided like the plague no worries). Thank you though =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i had spotting with my second and it lasted for mayeb 5 days. With this one I have been having bleeding and they told me to take it easy, no sex, no inserting anything into the vagina and no orgasms. If you are on bedrest you should not be having orgasms.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• well it just figures that my doctor would okay it, he doesnt seem like the most caring doctor in the world. cant wait to get a new one! anyways, thank you all.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009