baby 5 weeks ........

My baby is now 5 weeks and my husband just asked me if i would like to go to disneyland but is it to soon to take her out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes way too soon in my opinion. you will have to feed so often, what would be the point. kind of a lot of money to take a 5 wk old.JMO
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yikes yes....especially to disneyland too many peoploe and germs,
    Anonymous

• thats an experience you want you child to remember......(especially for the costs it bears) so yes...it is way too soon!! IMO.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah, its WAYYYY too soon.

I mean, what would you guys be able to do? She's not gonna remember it 10 minutes after you leave!
    Better to wait until you guys can actually ENJOY the park features.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• wayy too soon for the cost, and as much fun as disney is even for ADULT people. you don't want to be that couple that is beyond miserable because they brought their newborn. I worked at disney and we never got the parents that did that. newborns require TONS of attention and it is way too hot for them at Disney. you'd be stopping every 50ft or so to make sure they were ok
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We took my son to seattle when he was 3 weeks old. not for him to remember going but for our family to see him and because we really needed to get away. I had a good time and it was nice to see him laugh so much. We went to the mall and out to dinner then home the next day. I guess that since your hubsand is asking if you want to go out somewhere, he wants to get away too. Although it was a little stressful (the car rides) I did enjoy it and would like to go again now that he is 6 months old. I say if you are up for it, go!
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 7:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't go now. It's still flu season. I would avoid crowds still. Colds, the flu... these things are a lot worse in newborns. Neither of you want to go with that now. Plus you're probably not terribly rested...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• IMO! I wouldn't take her out, she still doesn't have a strong immune system yet, meaning that she could get a cold from anyone down there. Besides you will not be able to do anything at all you should take here there when she turns like 5. so she will actually remember what she did.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We did our normal stuff the first week. Personally, I don't see the purpose or the appeal of taking anyone under 1 to some place like Disneyland. Mostly because I couldn't see myself enjoying the vacation or trip as all my time would be consumed taking care of the little one. We have gone to see family when they are that young though. The last time we went to Disneyland our second was 22 months old. It turned out perfect because I don't enjoy rides except those she could have gone on and our oldest her hubby went on the bigger rides.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009