SI joint dysfunction with muscle atrophy, anyone?

So I'm 16-1/2 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with this since the moment I found out we were pregnant at 6 weeks. It is basically because with the pregnancy my ligaments are all lax so my muscles spasm in my pelvis and my pelvis shifts and grinds as I walk, very uncomfortable. Some sciatic-type pains as well. I've been slowly getting used to it, although it has not gotten any better. Me and my hubby (who gives me massages here and there) have both noticed that my pelvic bones are more prevalent and I'm not sure, but I think it could be due to muscle atrophy or wasting. I have been working in bed (I'm a medical transcriptionist at home) since this started and haven't been able to really get up and do a lot of exercise without considerable pain after only about 2 minutes, then have to go lie back down.

My question is... has anybody else ever had this issue?

Cont'd

Nunyabiznes

Asked by Nunyabiznes at 6:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• If so, and if while pregnant, did everything get back to normal after the baby was born? I'm just so miserable and unfortunately this is hindering me from really enjoying my pregnancy :( Just hoping to find someone else out there with some thoughts and opinions.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 6:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009