Have you ever taken the hard long road for doing what you knew was right?

Not asking for any real reason, just interested in your thoughts! Here's an example, my son continues to be friends with a heavier boy even though he's getting teased for it really bad in school. I'm so proud of him. I think it's sweet.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell him that heavier boy might be the next Bill Gates.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You've raised a nice young man. You should be proud.
    Rozzanne

Answer by Rozzanne at 7:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Thats amazing! I know i've gotten harassed for being friends with someone. And after high school was said and done, and all of my other so called friends left me, that person was the only one that is still there for this to this day!!!
    Anonymous

• I was friends with a lot of "poor" kids back in elementary. They were some of the nicest kids, but I got made fun of alot for it. I'm taking the high road now. I have to not be around family because they are not good people. it's really hard, and I miss them
    Anonymous

• I took the long road when I forced my ex to move out after he started abusing myself and my oldest son. It was hard, I was a Sahm and didn't have any money but I picked myself up and started over. I have family that won't speak to me because of it but I guess that.'s their loss, if they truly loved me they would have supported me....... It was the best thing I ever did, my life is so different now...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 7:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My best friend in school was a prepy I was a total punk rocker I took some heat and so did she but we stayed friends. We are still very close. I think it is great that your son is sticking by his friend!
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 7:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have had some lonely times because I shut people out of my life who were verbally and emotionally abusive. Or just had people mad at me because i choose to simply say "no" about certain things.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my grandkids make friends with kids who get picked on at school. It amazes me how great kids are and can step up to the plate. They will grow up to be decent men with dignity and integrity. The other kids will appreciate knowing their worth to others even if bullies still try to down their self esteem and confident. Your son ROCKS!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• That speaks wonders of your parenting! BRAVO MOM!!!! you raised a great kid who stands up for what is right. your child could be that little boys saving grace. There was a kid in our 6th grade class who committed suicide because she was constantly being picked on (i am 31 now so this was a while ago) for wearing a leg brace. There is no telling what is going on in someones life..and that little boy may be in desperate need of a good friend. The fact that your son has the decency at his age to stand up for someone else (even if it means he gets teased) again just show us what great mom you are! Sorry... not really a long road story but I just had to give you some kudos!!!!!!!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 8:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• you rockMy kids BF is handicap so they are bleeding hearts for any underdog! You should be proud of him and fell good about his ability to withstand peer presure! Way too go!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009