labor

my contractions are every 5-7 minutes apart. my stomach gets really hard and i can't walk. but everytime i go to labor and delivery they send me home saying that just because they hurt and are consistant doesn't mean i'm in labor they just hook me up to the machine and send me home, they don't even check for dialation. but the pains are so bad now they wake me up even through a sleeping pill. should i go in and risk getting sent back home or just wait til my doctors appointment tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• obviously your not getting the care you need. You have two choices either go back in there now and demand that they do their job and check you out or go to another hospital. It would make me wonder how well they would if you are in labor. so far they are not very compendent.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 7:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah go head and go in..better to be safe then sorry..
    are they pretty strong
    Anonymous

• Has your water broken? I'd say go back in just to be safe - you can't let them scare you away from getting the care you need. My water broke before contractions started so I knew I was in labor. I'm not sure what to tell you.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Do they go away at all when you change positions, empty your bladder? Are they getting closer together? Do they follow a pattern? Do they wrap around your tummy? Why do you just go to L&D and not call your doctor before going in?
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor before heading to labor and delivery. He will tell them you are on your way and to check you out. Don't just show up at the hospital
    Anonymous

• I move around and go to the bathroom and drink tons of water and they still come. this morning they were 8-10 minutes apart and now they are 5-7. The doctor called me this morning and said that if I am still having contractions and they are getting worse to just go in. The pain starts in my back and goes around to the front of my stomach. They aren't braxton hicks they are real contractions.
    Anonymous

• I would call your doc again and tell him they keep sending you home but now they are 5-7 min apart. He will call the hospital
    Anonymous

• They can tell by the monitors and the contractions that register on the monitor
    Anonymous

• But they can't tell if I'm dialated by those stupid monitors. all the monitors do is record the babys movement and my contractions nothing else. and i've gotten maybe 12 hours of sleep since sunday.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter if you are dilated and not in labor. I was dilated for weeks before labor
    Anonymous