PREGNANCY AND LABOR

does it annoy you how unrealistic they make pregnancy and labor on tv like a pregnant lady taking her 20 mins to get up or how they make labor look

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I hate it..
    LOL
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I just laugh!
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 7:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, it had me paranoid. When I had my 1st baby, I was like ok, that didn't hurt at all and no drugs. I thought it was going to be the worst pain imaginable. I also thought it would last for hours and hours, nope just an hour. I was up walking around 20 mins after she was born.
    Anonymous

• yes it is very misleading.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 7:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, it's so unrealistic. No monitors, or tubes, or anything. Contractions are like "ooh that hurt" and that's it. Two pushes and the baby comes out. HA! Yeah right! Where's the blood? the sweat? the cursing?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• kind of like on soap opera's how the sex is always good, hahaha
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah they always dramatize it and perpetuate myths. Like a few weeks ago on LOST when the woman had one contraction and all of a sudden the baby was coming! Then the baby was breech so she "had to have a c/section!" Uhh read some research studies before using your media power to perpetuate lies.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009