My one year old daughter use to love taking baths. Now she screams like it hurts her. She had a cath put in to drain her bladder shortly before she starting this and a lot of times she pulls at her private. I not sure if it is hurting her or she is just going through a phase. Has this happen to anyone that has a one year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She might have a Urinary Tract Infection and the bath might be aggravating it. I have had UTI's ALOT and even in just the shower any soap that got near that area would just sting and burn. I would let the doctor know if the problem doesn't go away. They might be able to diagnose it as a UTI and give her some antibiotics to help.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter is two and before would let you wash down there and nothing has happened to her for her to be hurt down there but now in the shower she will not let me wash it and she screams bloody murder but I found out she had a rash on the inside of her "hoo hoo" and we didnt even know it!
    Kaylee22006

Answer by Kaylee22006 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• it sounds like she might have a UTI. I suggest bringing her to the doctor. If you use a soap that is sented that might of helped out the UTI. The same thing happened to my daughter. I had to give some medication and her doctor had me change the bubble bath I was using.
    Anonymous

• could be a rash you cannot see without really examining her. also, NO bubblebath. Are you using that??Switch to a really gentle wash, like Aveeno for baby. Good luck. If these don't help, take her to the pediatrician.
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009